Wednesday, March 8, 2017

yuk

The advantages of this are immense beyond imagination.

It's fun to put it that way because it actually makes a kind of sense. Imagination is what this is all about, so in order to use something as a medium for imagination, that thing must be beyond imagination ... right?

But, in practice, I'm having the most wonderful experience.

My work on the computer has suddenly become accessible.

My work has become accessible to you ... and ... much more importantly ... to me.

I'm kidding. The two things are equally and monumentally important. The idea that it's now accessible to you scares me quite a bit. But, it's a thrill ... and a necessity.


Suddenly I am able to create vast amounts of screen space which can be navigated with effortless ease. I know this is true because I use that screen space to navigate for the purpose of editing!

(This is what I wrote of, navigating the string.)


But, it's a lucky thing I am able to do this ... extremely lucky ... and I can do it because of something called free Web hosting.

Free is a good thing.

The Web, and Computing, are about freedom. Anything that is more free than another thing is closer to the essence of computing.

Free Web hosting allows you to fully compute, freely.

Fully computing means ... abundantly computing ... computing with control ... and publishing.

If you are required to pay, that is a form of unfreedom. It places a barrier between you and computing resource.

If you are offered free computing, that barrier is removed.

Also, if you must pay to continue computing, you must pay, and pay, and continue and continue, whereas if your computing is free, you can continue, or not continue, as you please, so in this sense free computing is more free than computing you must pay for.


There are many sources of free computing, but they are not all equally free. Some try to draw you into complicated realms that are difficult to understand and often unfriendly, and others push you away, even if ever so gently, and elegantly, from fundamental control.

In the end, nothing is completely free, but there is one free computing resource that is more free than all the others, Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment