Monday, March 27, 2017

parts

I'm trying to break my project down into smaller parts.

The first part I've identified is an app ... on my phone, I would go to it, and it would allow me to maintain a list of authorized users within my organization.

It's actually a list of authorized devices, and members of my organization will each have one or more athorized devices.

The list is stored on the cloud ... and on my device. This means I need to create a (secure) location on the Web ... prefarably for free ... if you have suggestions about that*.

For context, the next part is, each team member's device is equipped with an app they can use to take a picture, and that picture gets uploaded, of course automatically, to a (secure) location on the Web ... I mean ... the Cloud ... when I say that.

More than anything (as you can sort of see), this is as a way to familiarize myself with the technology. Still, I need a way to test whether the thing is working. As a way to make that fun, maybe this: all the uploaded images get embedded in a web page, as thumbnails, so I (or anyone else) can go to that page and see the images. Well, actually, maybe I'm not ready to go that far. How about this: on my phone is an app that gets a page of thumbnails from the Cloud location. I can give the app to anyone, but their app on their device would require authorization, which will by checked by the first part, blah blah blah, to see the pictures.

* I think I've read that cloud services providers offer free accounts for testing ideas and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment